California Poppies Watercolor with Suhita
You are registering for a livestream Zoom call.
Have fun painting a loose and free floral painting in this guided workshop. You will work from photo references provided by the instructor and compose your own drawing, or you can print and use the line drawing reference provided on registration. Following a step-by-step process to create a beautiful watercolor painting, you will learn wet-in-wet watercolor techniques and color mixing along the way. A recorded version of the workshop will be available to registered students after the workshop, so you have a permanent record of the process.
The following is a suggested supply list. A Work of Heart can offer any or all of the supplies as a kit for your convenience.
- 1/8 sheet watercolor paper, cold press, 2 sheets, one for color mixing and testing, or just as a backup ( or any watercolor paper you like that is thick enough to handle multiple washes, we are working on a 5x7 inch piece)
- Photo References
- ruler for drawing box
- watercontainer ( I keep two at my desk while painting)
- Watercolors: Hansa Yellow Medium, Quinacridone Rose, Cobalt Blue, White gouache
- Spray bottle
- Paper Towel
- #8 brush and #12 or higher brush: large brush can be flat or round, smaller one MUST be round with a good point.
- Tape if you want to tape paper down ( if it's not super thick)
You may customize a kit in checkout if you need any of these supplies pulled aside for curbside pickup or mailed delivery (with enough notice)
We are offering this class with the class fee set to "pay what you can". You are welcome to pay more or less than the suggested amount. Any amount is appreciated as we shelter in place. We hope painting these poppies brighten your day!